|Are you looking for your first step towards a legal career?
Do you want to work for an award winning legal service company?
Then look no further.
Job ID: REQ00018
Salary: £15,000 – £18,000
|SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Handling written, email and telephone correspondence from customers, clients, court, third parties or other departments and ensuring delivery is in line with client SLA’s.
- Recording and maintaining an effective diary management system (using the business’ case management system) to give the department a true record of any court directions, key dates and deadlines.
- Preparing papers for contested hearings under the supervision of a senior member of team.
- Progressing contested matters in line with client SLA’s.
- Supporting case handlers who deal with contested cases on a variety of tasks.
- Duty to identify, raise and report any breaches in order to adhere to SRA and FCA principles.
- Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post given to by management.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as directed by the Litigation Operation Team Leader and the Supervising Solicitor.
- A basic understanding of the following areas is desirable but not essential:
- The Civil Procedure Rules and court procedures;
- Solicitors Regulatory Authority; and
- The Financial Conduct Authority.
- Excel skills.
- Problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Ability to work in team – cooperation with others to gain results.
- Time Management skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Customer Service skills.
- Multi tasking.
- Letter writing experience is desirable.
- Excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Demonstrate a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Experience of Microsoft Office is desirable.
- Ability to identify and achieve solutions to problems.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Applicants must have the ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Strong team-focused work ethic.
- Driven attitude.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Maintains a professional image at all times.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the professional standards required when working within a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients.
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity.
|HOW TO APPLY
|Build your Career with BW Legal!