IT | Leeds | £25,000 - £26,000 | Full Time
The Second Line Support Engineer is responsible for handling first, second and in some cases third level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: Workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Your responsibilities will include:
• IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
• Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security
• Basic remote access solution implementation and support on Citrix
• Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets
• System documentation maintenance and review
• Communication with customers as required; keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic person who strives for excellence in every task and is eager to learn and progress in the role.
You will contribute to a team-working environment within your own team and in support of other departments. We are looking for someone who is friendly and pleasant to colleagues, hard-working and has strong organisational skills. You will be adept at problem-solving, be detail oriented and possess excellent time management capabilities.
You will demonstrate an awareness of the professional standards required when working within a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
• Interpersonal skills; such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues
• Ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly
• Technical awareness; ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Windows Server 2008/2012 R2/2016
• Citrix XenServer
• Citrix XenApp
• Windows XP through to Windows 10
• Firewalls / Security (SonicWALL beneficial)
• Networks – LAN/WAN/Routers
• Active Directory
• SQL Server
• MS Exchange