Litigation | Leeds | £19,000 - £23,000
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their experience in the Legal or Financial sectors within a rapidly growing company.
As a Grade 1 Paralegal, under solicitor supervision, your role would be to handle a shared high volume case load of non-contested and contested matters, progressing County Court actions from inception to the point of conclusion of the non-contested action.
Duties for this role, amongst others include:
• Handling written, email and telephone correspondence from customers, clients, court, third parties and other departments and ensuring delivery is in line with client SLA’s;
• Preparing for and handling mediation hearings by telephone;
• Preparing papers for hearings for checking by senior member of team;
• Reviewing and deciding how to progress contested and non-contested matters which have fallen out of standard processes;
• Progressing contested and non-contested matters in line with client SLA’s;
• Preparing and dealing with applications relating to enforcement proceedings including attachment of earnings and charging orders;
• Drafting applications to set aside judgment and other ad-hoc applications;
• Handling technical queries from other departments;
• Drafting Consent Orders and Notice of Discontinuances;
• Drafting documentation for the Land Registry and handling cases following redemption of charges;
• Perform any other relevant tasks as directed by management;
• Duty to identify, raise and report any breaches in order to adhere to SRA and FCA principles;
• Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post given to by management.
BW Legal is seeking a driven and motivated team player who can work under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines.
With excellent communication skills, you must have the ability to organise and prioritise work. As someone who is detail-focused, you will be able to organise large volumes of material, identify missing documents, prioritise tasks and be able to effectively communicate with interested parties.
You will demonstrate time-management, decision-making, and customer service skills as well as focused in achieving solutions to problems.
You will demonstrate an awareness of the professional standards required when working in a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• You must be eligible to work in the UK;
• Law degree or equivalent or studying towards or completed Level 6 CILEX;
• Sound knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules and court procedures;
• Understanding of the SRA and FCA principles;
• At least 2 years legal experience dealing with a volume caseload.