Litigation | Leeds | £19,000 - £23,000
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their experience in the Legal sector within a rapidly growing company.
As a Grade 1 Paralegal, under solicitor supervision, your role would be to handle all the initial steps of a high volume case load of contested matters, progressing County Court actions from defence through to settlement.
Duties for this role, amongst others include:
• Handle a shared workload of all cases which have become defended with the sole ethos of working towards a settlement with the customer;
• To participate in Small Claims mediation with the Court Mediation Service;
• To complete initial case assessments on defences filed by customers, review the evidence and make recommendations as to the progression of the case;
• To draft initial responses to the defences;
• To proactively negotiate with customers, through outbound and inbound telephony and written correspondence to try and resolve matters amicably and on commercial terms;
• Action and conclude settled cases and working exception reports;
• Handling incoming post and emails from customer and third parties;
• Undertake any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post given to by management.
BW Legal is seeking a driven individual who has a strong team-focused work ethic and a positive outlook.
You will have excellent communication and organisation skills and work well under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines. As someone who is detail-focused, you will be able to organise large volumes of material, identify missing documents, prioritise tasks and be able to effectively communicate with interested parties.
You will have the ability to identify and achieve solutions to problems and disputes. Good written and drafting skills are a must. You will also demonstrate a desire to succeed and be passionate in dealings with customers and clients.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Previous experience of working in an office-based or customer centric environment.
• Basic knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules and Court Procedures.
• Minimum of 6 months working in a litigation team.
• Have a degree in law or have completed a suitable conversion degree (GDL) preferable but not essential.