Litigation | Leeds | £16,200 - £17,200
This role will involve supporting the Litigation department by providing a robust and efficient administration support such as data entry, preparing and sending hearing papers, filing and serving court forms, arranging payment to court, working exception reports and other core administration tasks.
Duties for this role include:
• Data Entry:
o Recording and maintaining an accurate diary management system (using the business’ case management system) to give the department a true record of any court directions, key dates and deadlines.
o inputting key dates and deadlines into the business’ case management system
o summarising defences/contested applications from customers
• Scanning and attaching all correspondence for the litigation department
• Making evidence requests to clients and attaching the evidence to the case file
• Preparing and sending hearing papers to advocates under the supervision of a senior member of the team
• Filing and serving court forms in line with court stipulated deadlines
• Arranging for cheques/payments to be made to the court for hearings
• Working various exception reports on non-contested matters
• Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post given to by management.
• Perform any other relevant tasks as directed by the Litigation Operation Team Leader and the Supervising Solicitor.
BW Legal is seeking a driven individual who has a desire to succeed, a strong team-focused work ethic and a positive outlook.
You will have excellent organisation, time management and communication skills and work well under pressure while following instruction. As someone who is detailed-focused, you will record information accurately and be able to organise large volumes of material, identify missing documents, prioritise tasks and effectively communicate with interested parties.
• Eligible to work in the UK.
• GCSE in English.
• Literate in MS Word and MS Excel
• 6 months Office experience or working within any customer service role is desirable but not essential.
• Studying toward or would like to study for a legal qualification is desirable but not essential.
Competitive salary starting at £16,200 with regular six month reviews based on performance and length of service to a maximum salary of £17,200.