Litigation | Leeds | £15,000 - £18,000
As a Junior Paralegal you will work within our Litigation team supporting case handlers on a variety tasks. Reporting to the Litigation Operations Team Leader, your role will involve supporting and administering uncontested cases following the issuing of the same. You will deal with a number of steps between a claim being issues up to and including enforcement.
• Handling written, email and telephone correspondence from customers, clients, court, third parties or other departments and ensuring delivery is in line with client SLA’s.
• Recording and maintaining an effective diary management system (using the business’ case management system) to give the department a true record of any court directions, key dates and deadlines.
• Preparing papers for contested hearings under the supervision of a senior member of team.
• Progressing contested matters in line with client SLA’s.
• Duty to identify, raise and report any breaches in order to adhere to SRA and FCA principles.
• Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post given to by management.
• Perform any other relevant tasks as directed by the Litigation Operation Team Leader and the Supervising Solicitor.
BW Legal is seeking a driven and motivated team player who can work under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines.
With excellent communication skills, you must have the ability to organise and prioritise work. You will demonstrate time-management, decision-making, customer service skills and a strong attention to detail.
You will demonstrate an awareness of the professional standards required when working in a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• A basic understanding of the following areas is desirable but not essential:
o The Civil Procedure Rules and court procedures;
o Solicitors Regulatory Authority; and
o The Financial Conduct Authority.
• Experience of Microsoft Office desirable
• GCSE in English is desirable