MI and Analytics | Leeds | Competitive
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their experience in the legal or financial sectors with a rapidly growing company which see MI and Analytics as an essential part of business growth.
The primary focus of this role is to review possible new business to price and assess its potential recovery rates over the lifecycle of the debt to ensure that both the client and BW Legal fully understand the expected benefits and risks associated with collecting the associated debt.
You will work within the MI and Analytics Team and assist in providing reporting and insight on other business activities in order to optimise corporate strategies and processes. Working alongside colleagues at all levels, you will support various business functions to deliver value through use of data.
Your role will include:
• Pricing up new debt books to report to the board the expected payment profile over the lifecycle of the debt.
• Report on ongoing performance of debt books to assess their actual versus expected performance.
• Divide up customers into groups to allow trends for debt recovery in different scenarios to be analysed.
• Manage existing MI reporting ensuring accurate and timely delivery for both internal and external customers
• Collate user requirements to create new reporting and MI suites
• Provision of high level dashboards through to granular level reports
• Provide analytical insight from operational and financial data to support the delivery of business objectives
• Build relationships with key business persons to promote the use of MI/BI throughout the business
BW Legal is seeking someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic and takes an analytical approach when reviewing potential new business.
We are looking for an individual who is a friendly and collaborative team player who strives for excellence on every task. You will have an eye for detail, demonstrate solid organisational skills and be able to successfully manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
You will be able to communicate effectively with colleagues across departments and demonstrate an awareness of the professional standards required when working in a dual regulated law firm and delivering a quality service to our clients.
• Development and management of SQL Server Reporting Services
• Interrogation and manipulation of large data sets to interpret trends and KPIs.
• Experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple projects
• Ability to create and manage SQL queries, procedures and jobs (SSIS an advantage)
• Knowledge of data warehouse principles
• Experience of BI and reporting software
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills – able to communicate complex topics effectively
• Experience of producing discounted cashflow, Effective Interest Rate and Net Present Value analysis
• Knowledge of FRS 102/IFRS9 Accounting standards desirable