Operations | Leeds | Full Time | Competitive salary starting at £17,700, rising to £19,700 per annum, following successful reviews
We are looking for enthusiastic people who want to work within a fast-paced, well-established, written correspondence customer service team.
You will learn new skills within this regulated Customer Service environment. The role entails logging and reviewing written correspondences/request from our customers and clients through to completion.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Logging customers correspondence and responding to queries where applicable
• Logging and responding to customer written offers of settlement
• Processing & actioning customer requests that are referred from our online customer portal.
• Working to complete these actions within the department’s Service Level Agreements.
• Ensuring all tasks are completed within agreed SLAs
• Responding to client and internal emails where applicable
• Entering key data into our customer database
This role is for someone who would like to work in a correspondence-based role.
BW Legal is seeking a motivated candidate with a strong work ethic who is driven, professional and takes pride in what they do.
If you have good written communication skills, and a passion for good customer service and possess the ability to pick up new information quickly, with good attention to detail then this is a role for you.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Previous experience in an office environment or any customer service/customer facing role, or a college graduate is preferred but not essential as full training provided
• Experience using Microsoft Word & Excel Preferred
• GCSE in English or equivalent is desirable
• Good written communication skills.
• Good attention to detail
• Good time management skills.
Competitive salary starting at £17,700 with regular six month reviews based on performance and length of service to a maximum salary of £19,700.
Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.
Interviews are expected to take place on 3rd September 2019.