Hours: 37.5 per week (one in four Saturday shift paid at time and half)
Salary: Starting salary £16,000, rising to £18,120 per annum on successful completion, and in addition to the above, monthly overtime and KPI bonuses provide an OTE per annum of between £23,000 – £24,000)
We are recruiting for Trainee Collections Agents to join our BW Legal Team! You do not have to have any previous experience in this particular role, and we are ideally looking for candidates who possess customer service skills gained in a retail or call centre environment or are a bright and energetic graduate looking for a rewarding career.
The Collections Department is an essential part of the business to sustain its continued growth.
The Role Overview
As a Trainee Collections Agent, you will receive A first class in house training programme, which is designed specifically to help you understand the business, the legal and recovery processes, enhance your skills and help you build relationships that will enable you to deliver an outstanding service. Once you have passed your probation, you will be responsible for engaging with customers over the telephone and helping them achieve a positive outcome on their outstanding debt balance whether that is agreeing an affordable and sustainable payment arrangement based upon their current circumstances or discussing the other options available to them such as support from free independent advice organisations. Your role will involve handling customer queries and reviewing arrangements at periodic intervals to make sure they remain affordable.
Attributes & Behaviours
- Professional and positive attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for customer service
- Team Player
- Target Driven
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to the business vision & values
- 8am – 4pm
- 9am – 5pm
- 10am – 6pm
- 11am – 7pm
- 12pm – 8pm
- 1 in 4 Saturdays – hours 9am – 1pm
Please note that whilst in training during your probation period the whole course is based on fixed hours and then you move to the more flexible shift patterns once you go live in the role.
PLUS you will receive
- BW Legal Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy
- Death in Service Scheme
- Paid Birthday Holiday – All our colleagues can enjoy a day off on their Birthday on top of their 25 day holiday entitlement!
- My Wellness – A portal to promote our colleagues wellness, where they can access mini health checks and receive personal coaching to meet their wellbeing goals
- Employee Assistance Programme – A telephones service available to all colleagues in time of need, support and guidance can be provided on a range of issues such a health, relationship and financial
- Health Assured – A ‘health portal’ providing resources, tools and aids to help you stay physically and mentally healthy
- Virtual GP Surgery – A 24/7 service that can be accessed via telephone or webcam, and if prescriptions are needed these can be issued privately and delivered to your choice of address
- Perks – A range of savings, cashback and offers on a range of products and services
- Thrive – A clinically proven application built using computerized cognitive behavioural therapy together with mindfulness exercises that can help to manage an individual’s mental wellbeing.
- Neyber – Providing services through an external provider to help our colleagues be better with their money by providing financial education, affordable borrowing and promoting good savings habits.
- My Staff Shop – provides shopping discounts across thousands of retailers and is fantastic benefit which all colleagues.
- BW1 – BW Legal are committed to ensuring we promote a positive, motivated and social environment across the business, with this in mind the purpose of BW1 is to bring employees across the business together through activities and events.
- Free parking
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables
- BW Legal Café – a onsite subsidized café!
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
We receive a high volume of applications for all our posts, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.