Do you want to work for an award winning Law Firm?
Are you passionate about providing an excellent customer service?
Why not join the BW Legal team?
With over 20 years’ experience in credit management, debt collection and debt purchase and 15 years’ experience within legal recoveries, BW Legal is an award winning debt recovery law firm based in Leeds. BW Legal represents international financial institutions, corporates & SMEs alike. A clear understanding of the needs of clients in our chosen sectors led us to create the flexibility to develop & deliver bespoke solutions.
Recognised as the leading specialist in volume legal services, there are a number of exciting opportunities to join our growing team on a full time, permanent basis delivering an excellent customer journey for our clients’ customers through a bespoke, best-in class service.
||Telephone Complaints Handler
||BW Legal, Enterprise House, 1 Apex View, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 9BH
||£19-20 k depending on experience
What is the role?
To act as the first point of contact in the contact centre for escalating unresolved expressions of dissatisfaction with a view to investigating and resolving matters by phone, preventing further escalation to a Level 2 complaint where possible or escalating unresolved complaints as required.
To ensure customers are treated fairly through the complaints journey and handled in accordance with the FCA DISP handbook and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Handle calls (inbound and outbound) where there is an unresolved expression of dissatisfaction/Level 1 complaint
- Investigate the complaint competently, diligently and impartially, obtaining additional information as necessary
- To assess fairly, consistently and promptly the subject matter of the complaint; whether the complaint should be upheld; what remedial action or redress (or both) may be appropriate
- Confirm complainants are satisfied with proposed resolution
- Issue summary resolution communication where appropriate
- Escalate complaints to Level 2 for acknowledgment, investigation and a response in accordance with DISP and Company Policies
- Review and update Complaints Logs as required
- Support Complaints Handlers as required
- Identify and report the root cause of complaints
- Complaints Handling Rules (DISP);
Qualifications & Experience
- A Level in English (Preferable)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; (Essential)
- Experience using Liberate (Case Management System) (Preferable)
- Experience using Microsoft office packages, Excel, Word, Outlook (Essential)
- Working in the Financial Services Industry (Essential)
- Telephone Complaints Handling (1 Year Minimum) (Essential)
- Working in a contact centre (Essential)
- Initiative and the ability to adapt quickly to different situations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Applications from experienced customer services complaints handlers will also be considered
- Discernment and the ability to assess a situation objectively
- Team Player
- Solutions Drive
- Commitment to the BW Legal’s Vision & Values
- A confident when dealing with customers who are complaining, often in difficult circumstances
Attributes & Behaviours
- Team Player
- Ability to work on own as well as in a team
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to the Business Vision & Values
- Solutions Driven
- Attention to detail;
- Time management
- BW Legal Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy.
- Death in Service Scheme.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Paid Birthday Holiday – All our colleagues can enjoy a day off on their Birthday on top of their holiday entitlement.
- My Wellness – A portal to promote our colleagues wellness, where they can access mini health checks and receive personal coaching to meet their wellbeing goals.
- Employee Assistance Programme – A telephones service available to all colleagues in time of need, support and guidance can be provided on a range of issues such a health, relationship and financial.
- Health Assured – A ‘health portal’ providing resources, tools and aids to help you stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Virtual GP Surgery – A 24/7 service that can be accessed via telephone or webcam, and if prescriptions are needed these can be issued privately and delivered to your choice of address.
- Perks – A range of savings, cashback and offers on a range of products and services.
- Thrive – A clinically proven application built using computerized cognitive behavioural therapy together with mindfulness exercises that can help to manage an individual’s mental wellbeing.
- Neyber – Providing services through an external provider to help our colleagues be better with their money by providing financial education, affordable borrowing and promoting good savings habits.
- My Staff Shop – provides shopping discounts across thousands of retailers and is fantastic benefit which all colleagues.
- BW1 – BW Legal are committed to ensuring we promote a positive, motivated and social environment across the business, with this in mind the purpose of BW1 is to bring employees across the business together through activities and events.
- Free parking.
- Contributory pension.
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables.
- BW Legal Café – an onsite subsidised café!
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
Why not take the time to take the first steps today towards joining our growing team?
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.