Software Developer Opportunities
Competitive Market Rate Salary + benefits
Full Time, Permanent
Do you want to work for an award winning Law Firm?
Are you passionate about providing an excellent customer service?
Why not join the BW Legal team?
Recognised as the leading specialist in volume legal services, there are a number of exciting opportunities to join our growing team on a full time, permanent basis delivering an excellent customer journey for our clients’ customers through a bespoke, best-in class service?
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their experience in the Legal or Financial sectors with a rapidly growing company which see IT as an essential part of the business to sustain its continued growth.
The candidate will work within the IT development team primarily to develop new customer and client portals, extending capabilities on current ones, and be involved in other development projects in various systems and technologies to help drive improvements across the business. For some projects the developer would be solely working to deliver the solution so it is important that the candidate is also able to manage requirements gathering, documenting business needs, develop the solution, responding to UAT feedback, as well as post deployment issue resolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To develop new web applications for internal and external use using C#, MVC, SQL, .net 5 technologies.
- Maintain applications and ensure their continued function.
- Extend and advance existing applications and websites with new features and requirements.
- Gather requirements from a range of individuals with varying technical ability.
- Create and update design and specification documents to finalise with the business.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining proper data protection throughout all project and applications.
- Able to keep up with new trends in technology and practices.
- Able to step up and provide very occasional basic IT support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Expert in Microsoft Visual studio 2015 onwards.
- Excellent understanding of C#.
- Demonstrable use of MVC5 framework in a business environment.
- Asp.net 5.
Knowledge and Behaviours:
- Attention to Detail.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Analytical Approach.
- Collaborative Team Player.
- Striving for excellence in every task.
- Demonstrates eagerness to learn and progress in role.
- Friendly and pleasant to colleagues.
- Hard working.
- Contributes to a team working environment within own team and in support of other departments.
- Solid organizational skills to effectively manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the professional standards required when working within a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients.
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity.
- Values Health and Safety and shows a commitment to ensuring a safe working environment.
- Use and understanding of the SOLID principles
- Awareness and implementation of current and changing design principles
- BW Legal Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy.
- Death in Service Scheme.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Paid Birthday Holiday – All our colleagues can enjoy a day off on their Birthday on top of their holiday entitlement.
- My Wellness – A portal to promote our colleagues wellness, where they can access mini health checks and receive personal coaching to meet their wellbeing goals.
- Employee Assistance Programme – A telephones service available to all colleagues in time of need, support and guidance can be provided on a range of issues such a health, relationship and financial.
- Health Assured – A ‘health portal’ providing resources, tools and aids to help you stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Virtual GP Surgery – A 24/7 service that can be accessed via telephone or webcam, and if prescriptions are needed these can be issued privately and delivered to your choice of address.
- Perks – A range of savings, cashback and offers on a range of products and services.
- Thrive – A clinically proven application built using computerized cognitive behavioural therapy together with mindfulness exercises that can help to manage an individual’s mental wellbeing.
- Neyber – Providing services through an external provider to help our colleagues be better with their money by providing financial education, affordable borrowing and promoting good savings habits.
- My Staff Shop – provides shopping discounts across thousands of retailers and is fantastic benefit which all colleagues.
- BW1 – BW Legal are committed to ensuring we promote a positive, motivated and social environment across the business, with this in mind the purpose of BW1 is to bring employees across the business together through activities and events.
- Free parking.
- Contributory pension.
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables.
- BW Legal Café – an onsite subsidised café!
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
Why not take the time to take the first steps today towards joining our growing team?
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check. Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us within 10 days of the date you applied, you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.