Salary: £23,000 to £27,000 (dependant on experience)
BW Legal is an award winning law firm with extensive experience in consumer and commercial sectors, our client base ranges from debt purchasers to financial institutions. We provide high quality, technology-based, volume and complex debt recovery and litigation services. We are one of the fasting growing Debt Recovery Firms in the UK, and are on our way to becoming an industry leader through extensive growth and success.
Through this growth we are constantly progressing our colleagues to ensure they achieve their career goals by both training and upskilling and also ensuring we foster a culture of promotion from within. Be it moving into collections management or transferring to an area of the business that you wish to be in, at BW Legal we support you to be the best!
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their experience in the Legal or Financial sectors within a rapidly growing company. The Litigation Department is seen as an essential part of the business to sustain its continued growth.
As a Grade 2 Paralegal, under solicitor supervision, your role would be to handle a shared high volume case load of contested litigation matters, progressing County Court actions from defence to the point of conclusion of the contested action in the Parking Litigation Sector. Duties for this role, amongst others include:
- Handle a full case load under the supervision of the Litigation management team. Cases will be allocated at the point the Defence is received and will remain with the case handler until conclusion;
- Handling written, email and telephone correspondence from customers, clients, court, third parties and other departments and ensuring delivery is in line with client SLA’s;
- Assist Fee Earners with any legal research;
- Drafting and preparation of witness statements;
- Reviewing evidence and deciding best course of action;
- Assist Fee Earners with any complex contested matters;
- Drafting and preparation of hearing papers;
- Assist with drafting any Reply and/or Defence to Counterclaims;
- Assist with drafting any ad-hoc applications;
- Compliance with any directions and/or orders;
- Duty to identify, raise and report any breaches in order to adhere to SRA and FCA principles;
- Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post given to by management.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK;
- Have a degree in law or have completed a suitable conversion degree (GDL);
- Sound knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules and Court Procedures;
- To have a working understanding of the SRA and FCA principles; and
- A minimum of 1 year litigation case handling experience
- Ability to identify and achieve solutions to problems and disputes;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines;
- Adherence to SRA and FCA rules;
- Applicants must have the ability to organise large volumes of material, identify missing documents, prioritise tasks and effectively communicate with interested parties;
- Strong team-focused work ethic;
- Positive outlook;
- Driven attitude;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Demonstrable desire to succeed and be passionate in dealings with customers and clients;
- Maintains a professional image at all times;
- Demonstrates an awareness of the professional standards required when working within a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients;
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity.
PLUS you will receive
- Free parking
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Staff Social Club
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables
- On-site canteen subsidised by the company
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- An L&D department to assist you reaching your potential
- Cash Back Health Plan for employee and dependents
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service benefit
- Comprehensive well-being support and information
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
We receive a high volume of applications for all our posts, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.