Location: Leeds, Apex View
Hours: 37.5 (Mon-Fri)
Do you have experience working in a busy finance department?
Are you looking for the next opportunity in your finance career?
Do you want to work for a fantastic, award-winning law firm that can offer an AAT study package?
If you have answered yes to the above questions then this could be the role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for Accounts Assistant in the Legal Billing Team. The Legal Billing Team are responsible for reconciling client funds and remitting payments to clients.
- Daily billing of client funds with strict adherence to client terms and deadlines
- Provide accurate data to clients involving large volumes of data
- Bank reconciliations ensuring all unreconciled items are investigated and resolved
- Raising refunds to customers
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Bank payments to clients
- Ensuring strict adherence to both SRA and Accounting rules
- Highlighting risks and anomalies in all areas of work
- Any other reasonable tasks
Qualifications and experience:
- 1 year experience in a similar role in a legal firm
- Comprehensive knowledge of Liberate software
You would be working in a small, friendly team managed by an experienced Billing Team Leader and full on the job training will be provided. This would be a good first step for somebody looking to pursue their career in accountancy with an AAT study package available for the right candidate!
That’s not all, by joining the BW Legal family you will receive these following fantastic benefits!
- BW Legal Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy
- Death in Service Scheme
- My Wellness – A portal to promote our colleagues wellness, where they can access mini health checks and receive personal coaching to meet their wellbeing goals
- Employee Assistance Programme – A telephones service available to all colleagues in time of need, support and guidance can be provided on a range of issues such a health, relationship and financial
- Health Assured – A ‘health portal’ providing resources, tools and aids to help you stay physically and mentally healthy
- Virtual GP Surgery – A 24/7 service that can be accessed via telephone or webcam, and if prescriptions are needed these can be issued privately and delivered to your choice of address
- Perks – A range of savings, cashback and offers on a range of products and services
- Thrive – A clinically proven application built using computerized cognitive behavioural therapy together with mindfulness exercises that can help to manage an individual’s mental wellbeing.
- Neyber – Providing services through an external provider to help our colleagues be better with their money by providing financial education, affordable borrowing and promoting good savings habits.
- My Staff Shop – provides shopping discounts across thousands of retailers and is fantastic benefit which all colleagues.
- BW1 – BW Legal are committed to ensuring we promote a positive, motivated and social environment across the business, with this in mind the purpose of BW1 is to bring employees across the business together through activities and events.
- Free parking
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables
- BW Legal Café
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Why not take the time to take the first steps today towards joining our growing team!
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record checks.
Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us within 10 days of the date you applied, you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.