Job Title – Learning and Development Assistant
Location – Leeds, Apex View
Hours – 37.5 per week
Salary – £18-19,000 per annum
Who are we?
With over 20 years’ experience in credit management, debt collection and debt purchase and 15 years’ experience within legal recoveries, BW Legal is an award winning debt recovery law firm based in Leeds.
BW Legal represents international financial institutions, corporates & SMEs alike. A clear understanding of the needs of clients in our chosen sectors led us to create the flexibility to develop & deliver bespoke solutions.
Recognised as the leading specialist in volume legal services, there are a number of exciting opportunities to join our growing team on a full time, permanent basis delivering an excellent customer journey for our clients’ customers through a bespoke, best-in class service.
What is the role?
To assist the L&D function in creating and delivering effective knowledge, skills and behaviour training across the business. Ensuring that the learning requirements of our colleagues are met to ensure they reach their potential and deliver maximum performance.
What you will be doing
- Assist in the design and creation of e-learning training materials as directed by the L&D Manager
- Assist in the review and evaluation process of training and make amendments as directed by the L&D Manager
- Load e-learning courses onto the LMS and enrol required users
- Provide analytics from the LMS to ensure that all regulatory, mandatory and legal training is completed within the relevant timescales.
- Support with the administration of our Mentoring Framework and Coaching Champions across the business
- Support in the delivery of the Company Induction to new employees across the business
- Support in the delivery of training updates and briefings
- Support the L&D Team in supervising training where required
- Manage the L&D Team diary and book in required internal or external courses
- Continuously track learning progress on LMS and ensure learners are meeting required deadlines
- Design, create, review and update ‘how to’ guides as required by the L&D Manager
- Manage L&D resources and ensure all materials are relevant and up to date
- Research and find 3rd party training providers when required
- Support the L&D Manager and Trainer
- Any other duties as required within the role
What you need
- At least 1 years experience in a training role.
- Demonstrate a passion to develop in the Learning & Development Team.
- Driven attitude.
- Strong team focused work ethic.
- Great attention to detail and organisation.
- Excellent communication skills and confident with all means of communication.
- Maintains professional conduct and image at all times.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the professional standards required when working within a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients.
- Values Health and Safety and shows a commitment to ensuring a safe working environment.
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity
Who we are looking for
- Team Player
- Ability to work on own as well as in a team
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to the Business Vision & Values
- Solutions Driven
- Attention to detail;
- Time management
What we offer
- BW Legal Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy
- Death in Service Scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Paid Birthday Holiday – All our colleagues can enjoy a day off on their Birthday on top of their holiday entitlement.
- My Wellness – A portal to promote our colleagues wellness, where they can access mini health checks and receive personal coaching to meet their wellbeing goals
- Employee Assistance Programme – A telephones service available to all colleagues in time of need, support and guidance can be provided on a range of issues such a health, relationship and financial
- Health Assured – A ‘health portal’ providing resources, tools and aids to help you stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Virtual GP Surgery – A 24/7 service that can be accessed via telephone or webcam, and if prescriptions are needed these can be issued privately and delivered to your choice of address
- Perks – A range of savings, cashback and offers on a range of products and services
- Thrive – A clinically proven application built using computerized cognitive behavioural therapy together with mindfulness exercises that can help to manage an individual’s mental wellbeing
- Neyber – Providing services through an external provider to help our colleagues be better with their money by providing financial education, affordable borrowing and promoting good savings habits
- My Staff Shop – provides shopping discounts across thousands of retailers and is fantastic benefit which all colleagues
- BW1 – BW Legal are committed to ensuring we promote a positive, motivated and social environment across the business, with this in mind the purpose of BW1 is to bring employees across the business together through activities and events
- Free parking
- Contributory pension
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables
- BW Legal Café – an onsite subsidised café!
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Why not take the time to take the first steps today towards joining our growing team?
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.