Creditor Services Administrator
Location – Leeds, Apex View
Hours – 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday)
Salary – £17,000.00
Do you want to work for an award winning Law Firm?
Are you passionate about providing an excellent customer service?
Why not join the BW Legal team?
Who are we?
With over 20 years’ experience in credit management, debt collection and debt purchase and 15 years’ experience within legal recoveries, BW Legal is an award winning debt recovery law firm based in Leeds. BW Legal represents international financial institutions, corporates & SMEs alike. A clear understanding of the needs of clients in our chosen sectors led us to create the flexibility to develop & deliver bespoke solutions.
Recognised as the leading specialist in volume legal services, there are a number of exciting opportunities to join our growing team on a full time, permanent basis delivering an excellent customer journey for our clients’ customers through a bespoke, best-in class service.
What is the role?
Reporting into the Creditor Services Team Leader, the role entails dealing with correspondence, emails and telephone calls for customers who are subject to a Debt Management Plan or who have entered a formal Insolvency process. The role will also provide support, when required, to the Customer Care Team who deal with customers who are classed as ‘Vulnerable’.
What will you be doing?
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to correspondence, emails and telephone calls received from 3rd parties acting on behalf of customers. Work within agreed SLA’s.
- Entry of key data into case management system.
- Review of financial statements from Debt Management Companies and IVA proposals from Insolvency Practitioners. Obtain additional information and challenge as appropriate. Ensure documentation lodged promptly and prior to specified deadlines.
- Ensure cases are progressed through the lifecycle of the Debt Management Plan or Insolvency process in line with current or future strategies.
- Deal with verification of both Debt Management and Insolvency accounts received from clients.
- Identify and action cases that may need to be returned to clients or may need to exit a Debt Management or Insolvency strategy.
- Building relationships with peers working at the key Debt Management Companies and Insolvency Practitioners.
- Adheres to all BW Legal policies. These include but are not limited to: Health and Safety Policy, Data Protection Regulations and Policy, FCA and SRA regulations and BW Legal Operating Procedures.
- Undertake additional tasks as directed by Line Manager.
What you need?
- To succeed in the role the ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally will have current experience of working within the Debt Management and/or Insolvency sector or alternatively be able to demonstrate an understanding of the work undertaken in these sectors. However, this is not essential.
- Maintains a professional image/attitude at all times and demonstrates an understanding of the standards required when working within a regulated law firm.
- Motivated with the ability to work at a fast pace but with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Be able to challenge and negotiate with 3rd Parties if required.
- Confident to make decisions within guidelines provided but awareness to look for advice and support as necessary.
- Well organised, is able to prioritise work and be capable of proactively managing their own cases.
- Strong team player but is also capable of using initiative and working on own as required
- Be flexible and not afraid of change. Have the ability to quickly understand new processes and apply these.
- Has a desire to build their own working relationships with their peers at the key Debt Management Companies and Insolvency Practitioners.
Who we are looking for
- Team Player
- Ability to work on own as well as in a team
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to the Business Vision & Values
- Solutions Driven
- Attention to detail
- Time management
What we offer
- BW Legal Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy.
- Death in Service Scheme.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Paid Birthday Holiday – All our colleagues can enjoy a day off on their Birthday on top of their holiday entitlement.
- My Wellness – A portal to promote our colleagues wellness, where they can access mini health checks and receive personal coaching to meet their wellbeing goals.
- Employee Assistance Programme – A telephones service available to all colleagues in time of need, support and guidance can be provided on a range of issues such a health, relationship and financial.
- Health Assured – A ‘health portal’ providing resources, tools and aids to help you stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Virtual GP Surgery – A 24/7 service that can be accessed via telephone or webcam, and if prescriptions are needed these can be issued privately and delivered to your choice of address.
- Perks – A range of savings, cashback and offers on a range of products and services.
- Thrive – A clinically proven application built using computerized cognitive behavioural therapy together with mindfulness exercises that can help to manage an individual’s mental wellbeing.
- Neyber – Providing services through an external provider to help our colleagues be better with their money by providing financial education, affordable borrowing and promoting good savings habits.
- My Staff Shop – provides shopping discounts across thousands of retailers and is fantastic benefit which all colleagues.
- BW1 – BW Legal are committed to ensuring we promote a positive, motivated and social environment across the business, with this in mind the purpose of BW1 is to bring employees across the business together through activities and events.
- Free parking.
- Contributory pension.
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables.
- BW Legal Café – an onsite subsidised café!
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
Why not take the time to take the first steps today towards joining our growing team?
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.