Hours: 37.5 per week (one in four Saturday shift paid at time and half)
Salary: £18,200 – £23,000 OTE
BW Legal is an award winning law firm with extensive experience in consumer and commercial sectors, our client base ranges from debt purchasers to financial institutions. We provide high quality, technology-based, volume and complex debt recovery and litigation services. We are one of the fasting growing Debt Recovery Firms in the UK, and are on our way to becoming an industry leader through extensive growth and success.
Through this growth we are constantly progressing our colleagues to ensure they achieve their career goals by both training and upskilling and also ensuring we foster a culture of promotion from within. Be it moving into collections management or transferring to an area of the business that you wish to be in, at BW Legal we support you to be the best!
As a Collections Agent, you will be responsible for engaging with customers over the telephone and helping them achieve a positive outcome on their outstanding debt balance whether that is agreeing an affordable and sustainable payment arrangement based upon their current circumstances or discussing the other options available to them such as support from free independent advice organisations. Your role will involve handling customer queries and reviewing arrangements at periodic intervals to make sure they remain affordable.
As a firm dual regulated by the SRA and the FCA we take pride in providing an excellent customer journey and our approach to treating customers fairly. This involves treating each customer with respect, recognising those who may be suffering with Financial Hardship or other vulnerability which could be impacting their ability to manage their finances.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience of
- Collections and/or a telephony environment; and
- Working in a SRA or FCA regulated industry, desirable but not essential.
Attributes and Behaviours
- Driven attitude.
- Strong team focussed work ethic.
- Demonstrable desire to succeed and be passionate in dealings with customers and clients.
- Demonstrate a passion to be part of a management team committed to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills and confident with all means of communication.
- Maintains a professional image at all times.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the professional standards required when working within a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients.
- Values Health and Safety and shows a commitment to ensuring a safe working environment.
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates good customer service skills while initiating outbound calls and receiving inbound calls from customers while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Treating customers fairly by providing a first class service to understand and deal with customer account queries.
- Maintains up-to-date customer account details using the collections database systems.
- May be required to support other queues to facilitate teamwork in the department.
- Escalates and assists other team members with calls as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we offer
A very competitive annual salary, starting at £18,200, then based on length of service and KPI achievement the salary increases to £18,700 after successful completion of your probation, and after 12 months a further increase to £19,200.
In addition, there is the opportunity to develop to a Multi-Channel Agent (£20,200) and on to a Senior Agent (starting on £21,200)
With a monthly bonus of up to £280 as a Collections Agent!
Plus Saturday shifts are paid at time and half (eligibility after probation period)
The amount earned is based on your own quality assurance and call excellence results, so you are in control, with an earning potential OTE up to £23,000 per annum
PLUS you will receive
- BW Legal Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy
- Death in Service Scheme
- Paid Birthday Holiday – All our colleagues can enjoy a day off on their Birthday on top of their 25 day holiday entitlement!
- My Wellness – A portal to promote our colleagues wellness, where they can access mini health checks and receive personal coaching to meet their wellbeing goals
- Employee Assistance Programme – A telephones service available to all colleagues in time of need, support and guidance can be provided on a range of issues such a health, relationship and financial
- Health Assured – A ‘health portal’ providing resources, tools and aids to help you stay physically and mentally healthy
- Virtual GP Surgery – A 24/7 service that can be accessed via telephone or webcam, and if prescriptions are needed these can be issued privately and delivered to your choice of address
- Perks – A range of savings, cashback and offers on a range of products and services
- Thrive – A clinically proven application built using computerized cognitive behavioural therapy together with mindfulness exercises that can help to manage an individual’s mental wellbeing.
- Neyber – Providing services through an external provider to help our colleagues be better with their money by providing financial education, affordable borrowing and promoting good savings habits.
- My Staff Shop – provides shopping discounts across thousands of retailers and is fantastic benefit which all colleagues.
- BW1 – BW Legal are committed to ensuring we promote a positive, motivated and social environment across the business, with this in mind the purpose of BW1 is to bring employees across the business together through activities and events.
- Free parking
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables
- BW Legal Café – a onsite subsidized café!
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes
- Excellent career progression opportunities
The office hours run between 8am and 8pm. Shift patterns work on the following basis –
- 8am – 4pm
- 9am – 5pm
- 10am – 6pm
- 11am – 7pm
- 12pm – 8pm
- 1 in 4 Saturdays – hours 9am – 1pm
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.