Assistant Catering Supervisor
Location – Leeds, Apex View
Hours – 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday)
Are you working as an Assistant Catering Supervisor and want a new challenge?
Do you have passion for food, flavour and delivering fantastic customer service?
Who We Are…
BW Legal is an award winning law firm with extensive experience in consumer and commercial sectors, our client base ranges from debt purchasers to financial institutions. We provide high quality, technology-based, volume and complex debt recovery and litigation services. We are one of the fasting growing Debt Recovery Firms in the UK, and are on our way to becoming an industry leader through extensive growth and success.
Catering Assistant – The Role…
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Catering Supervisor to join our small catering team! We have a fantastic subsidised on-site café provision which serves hot and cold food to the colleagues who work at our office based in Leeds (LS11 9BH).
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Catering Supervisor on a full time basis up to 37.5 hours per week, with a very competitive rate of £8.50 an hour.
Specific tasks for the role…
- Food preparation and cooking of both hot and cold food (which includes burgers and sandwiches and wraps made to order) ensuring the kitchen and all serving areas are kept clean/safe.
- Operating a cashless till and serving food in a polite, professional and friendly manner to all customers and ensuring accurate input of information.
- Knowledge of basic food hygiene regulations /standards which must be adhered to at all times.
- Use of kitchen equipment in a safe manner and in line with Company procedures.
- To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs and to keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked.
- Maintain a clean kitchen environment.
- Food temperature checks.
- Till reports.
- Fridge/Freezer temperature logs.
- Ensuring the Canteen is functioning smoothly on a day to day basis.
- Ensuring the Catering Assistant completes all duties.
- Placing of orders from online retailers in absence of Catering Supervisor.
- Stock taking on a weekly basis.
- Ensuring the Canteen is shut down appropriately at the end of the day, appliances are cleaned and shut down and surfaces are cleaned down.
- Ensuring customer queries are passed to Catering Supervisor accordingly.
Qualifications & Experience
- Level 2 in basic food hygiene
- Experience of using a till
- Previous experience working in a catering environment in a similar position
- To be able to prepare hot food such as burgers, chips, paninis, jacket potatoes and cold sandwiches
- Attributes & Behaviours
- Customer focused with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent timekeeping, punctuality and reliability
- Team Player
That’s not all, by joining the BW Legal family you will receive these following fantastic benefits!
- BW Legal Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy
- Death in Service Scheme
- Paid Birthday Holiday – All our colleagues can enjoy a day off on their Birthday on top of their 25 day holiday entitlement!
- My Wellness – A portal to promote our colleagues wellness, where they can access mini health checks and receive personal coaching to meet their wellbeing goals
- Employee Assistance Programme – A telephones service available to all colleagues in time of need, support and guidance can be provided on a range of issues such a health, relationship and financial
- Health Assured – A ‘health portal’ providing resources, tools and aids to help you stay physically and mentally healthy
- Virtual GP Surgery – A 24/7 service that can be accessed via telephone or webcam, and if prescriptions are needed these can be issued privately and delivered to your choice of address
- Perks – A range of savings, cashback and offers on a range of products and services
- Thrive – A clinically proven application built using computerized cognitive behavioural therapy together with mindfulness exercises that can help to manage an individual’s mental wellbeing.
- Neyber – Providing services through an external provider to help our colleagues be better with their money by providing financial education, affordable borrowing and promoting good savings habits.
- My Staff Shop – provides shopping discounts across thousands of retailers and is fantastic benefit which all colleagues.
- BW1 – BW Legal are committed to ensuring we promote a positive, motivated and social environment across the business, with this in mind the purpose of BW1 is to bring employees across the business together through activities and events.
- Free parking
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables
- BW Legal Café – an onsite subsidized café!
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes
- Excellent career progression opportunities
Why not take the time to take the first steps today towards joining our growing team!
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.